This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: K04

Es que ahí esta la gran limitante, la tapa no rinde arriba, hay que hacerla rendir y eso es caro, varios acá lo saben, yo sigo prefiriendo una 16v que para el promedio, va más fácil.(acá ibiza le da un preinfarto ) jaja

Comment

The turbos are Air Reseach units. For you young guys, we call them Garretts today. The compressor housing looks like it is just cast aluminum and pretty closely resembles a T04B in size. Perhaps they weren't casting magnesium yet for compressor housings. Khiem, why don't you look up that compressor cover part number? It's 444852-5. This is just a display engine so this turbo may not have been the final 1200+bhp qualifying spec turbo. For show engines, just about any version of a part or engine can be thrown together.

The compressor wheel has 12 blades and the inducer measures approximately 55mm. The shaft play tells me it's a journal bearing turbo, but the shaft play is definitely smaller than a standard T04 unit. The wheel to housing clearance is also extremely tight compared to a standard T04. In fact it appears to be closer than even at modern day ball bearing GT, but I am definite ball bearing turbo technology did not exist back then...or did it? The center housing does not look standard issue Garrett so I'm guessing there was some voodoo big money magic going on here to maximize compressor efficiency to the very extreme.

The turbine wheel is an 11 bladed deal and from the exducer doesn't look like anything too special. In fact it looks a lot like a Navistar TA34 wheel (you Turbonetics lingo people might call it a "stage 2") if you ask me, but I did not take the turbo apart to examine the turbine wheel's blade shape. Once again the wheel to housing clearance is looking tighter than a modern day GT so I'm guessing they were trying to squeeze every last ounce of efficiency out of the turbine stage also. The turbine housing outlet is very nice with a smoothly expanding inside diameter all the way to the back of the outlet.

A v-band turbine housing from back in 1985 beats HKS and TiAL by about 21 years. From the rear view, the compressor housing uses a T04E type clamp. The turbine housing A/R appears to be extremely small. I would estimate it to be in the .40-.50 range. After all it is a twin turbo 1.5L engine with 0.75L feeding each turbine stage. It is an extremely thin wall casting so it looks smaller than it actually is I'm sure.

The turbine housing inlet and wastegate connection is hand fabricated and is welded to the exotic looking material cast turbine housing. I am unsure of the header material, but I'm guessing they are made of inconel.

Here is the bespoke multi-stage dry sump oil pump. It just looks expensive.

On the other side of the engine is the bespoke water pump at the front of the engine and the bespoke Magneti Marelli alternator behind it. The alternator looks a lot like a small version of a mid 80's European car alternator doesn't it?

Here you can see two Bosch EV1 looking injectors per cylinder that actually fire upstream. I know absolutely nothing about gelled toluene so I'm not sure what benefit there was in firing the fuel upstream of the valve, but I'm sure the engineers designed it this way for a reason. At the base of the throttles you can see that they are bolted to the cylinder heads via a phenolic gasket for heat isolation. We use the same proprietary formulation of phenolic for our Subaru, Mitsu, and Nissan thermal guard gaskets today.

Here you can see the throttle castings and linkage for the individual throttle bodies. The vacuum hoses go to a vacuum/boost manifold...

...here. There are two of these manifolds: one per bank. Then a hose goes from each of the manifolds into that round device on the right. I have no idea what that round device is on the right, but it is knurled at the edge and has a huge jam nut at the base. It looks like it is for some kind of mechanical adjustment. Perhaps fuel pressure?

This is a detailed view of an inlet to one of the two plenums. The two o-rings are for some kind of Wiggins type connection I'm sure. There is considerable hand blending at the joint of the o-ring flange to the fabricated tube which is made from two pieces of sheet. I am guessing it was shaped like this to clear some kind of body work. Even to this day at Cosworth, we still spend probably too much time with attention to detail on our inlet manifolds. In the case of the Subaru EJ and Nissan VQ plenums, each port is CNC matched and then hand blended to each individual runner.

This is what the hand fabricated piece looks like from the outside. The valve cover looks like it is all business with black wrinkle coat and Ford F1 signage.

Here's a bottom view of the engine assembly. While it doesn't look quite as high tech as the current F1 CA2010 engines, it still looks like a pretty damn serious piece of machinery.
      Last edited by El Negro 2007; 18-01-2015, 00:55.

Comment

Tapa 16V es la que va.

Comment

Originally posted by okorn_ View Post
          Tapa 16V es la que va.

No
          Yamaha lo dice !

el tema es que a los 1.8 T no les gusta girar muy arriba por que a las de 3 admision les cuesta mucho
          pero, poder se puede....
          como dijo Se-R y que de seguro le va a pasar cuando lea algo asia Ibiza20v, una 16 valvulas simplifica esto hecho, con mayores posibilidades de levas y botadores, cosa que para la 20 valvulas es mas dificil de lograr
          Last edited by El Negro 2007; 18-01-2015, 02:19.

Comment

Originally posted by El Negro 2007 View Post
            no tiene por que un 1781 cm3 siempre tener que 20 valvulas....
            la cagada es la carrera larga y los condenatorios 81 mm de diametro, tanto asi, como el paradigma de todos los VW, de ir de trompa

86 por 88 ?
            86 , cilindro mas grueso....88 , un pelo de concha mas de carrera !
            Carrera larga? 87.4 tiene...
            No le vas a pedir girar 10.000 (no con el block original) pero tampoco tiene tanta carrera, un clio willams tiene mas carrera y me acuerdo que a Racer todos le decian "girale 8". Un honda K20, que todos piensan en rpm al hablar de ese motor, tiene 86, o sea, 1.4mm menos de carrera (y el K24 tiene 99)

Esos motores giran bien, la tapa rinde tambien, solo hay que hacer los deberes y poner la plata necesaria, pasa que a muchos no les da para tocar, y algunos que tocaron se les fue para atras entonces no lo tocan jajja. El que diga que por la tapa no gira va a venir Ibiza y se va a enojar

Comment

si solo cambias filtros, bajadas de escapes y enrosques de tuerquitas, " de calle " 81 mm por 87.4 es larga, no gira arriba asi nomas....

Comment

Originally posted by Lean_TS View Post
                Carrera larga? 87.4 tiene...
                No le vas a pedir girar 10.000 (no con el block original) pero tampoco tiene tanta carrera, un clio willams tiene mas carrera y me acuerdo que a Racer todos le decian "girale 8". Un honda K20, que todos piensan en rpm al hablar de ese motor, tiene 86, o sea, 1.4mm menos de carrera (y el K24 tiene 99)

Esos motores giran bien, la tapa rinde tambien, solo hay que hacer los deberes y poner la plata necesaria, pasa que a muchos no les da para tocar, y algunos que tocaron se les fue para atras entonces no lo tocan jajja. El que diga que por la tapa no gira va a venir Ibiza y se va a enojar

el K24 teniendo la misma carrera que un Torino, o casi 1 mm menos, no entiendo como giran lo que lo que hacen girar
                quisiera saber el secreto y en donde junta pobrecito tanta paliza, por que eso no es gratis y siempre ahi adentro alguien dice basta, antes que otro

Comment

si solo cambias filtros, bajadas de escapes y enrosques de tuerquitas, " de calle " 81 mm por 87.4 es larga, no gira arriba asi nomas....
                  Si no gira no es por la carrera.
                  O para el caso, cuanto le girarias a un 82.5x93? Y a un F7R (williams)?
                  La respuesta deberia ser la misma en los dos.

Comment

el K24 teniendo la misma carrera que un Torino, o casi 1 mm menos, no entiendo como giran lo que lo que hacen girar
                    quisiera saber el secreto y en donde junta pobrecito tanta paliza, por que eso no es gratis y siempre ahi adentro alguien dice basta, antes que otro
                    Aca tenes 100 de carrera tambien (2.4 GM)

http://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=552683861528828

Comment

en vez de un secador de pelo -3, -3s o -4, por que no se encargan de poder hacerlo girar 8500 entre cambios y que sostenga la 5ta de gasolero sostenido a 7 lucas
                      vayanse a tomar la leche con vainillas....

Comment

Cada dia hay mas datos, ahora amenazan a sus Ex clientes por llevar autos a otros lados... hasta hay audios.. eso si , enel audio dejan en claro que leen todo eso, raro que no contesten por aca no?

Comment

Originally posted by Se-R View Post
                          Cada dia hay mas datos, ahora amenazan a sus Ex clientes por llevar autos a otros lados... hasta hay audios.. eso si , enel audio dejan en claro que leen todo eso, raro que no contesten por aca no?
                          si tenes los audios..........tenes que ponerlos.

Comment

Originally posted by SIFFREDIROCCO View Post
                            si tenes los audios..........tenes que ponerlos.
                            Si los dueños me dejan, los subo, todos saben que yo jamas hablo sin las pruebas.

Comment

Originally posted by Se-R View Post
                              Si los dueños me dejan, los subo, todos saben que yo jamas hablo sin las pruebas.
                              pregunta y si esta todo bien,subilos..........a ver sin con eso aparecen a dar su insostenible punto de vista de la situacion.

Comment

a mi pb me chipeo mi ex corsa hace mucho tiempo y me armo flor de cagada.... un desastre... no iba ni para el costado
                                y en esa epoca sus fans del foro me dijeron de todo....
                                y ahora q diran???

Comment

Working...
                                X