• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nuevas levas para la talon

estan llegando esta semana al finnnnn
    a ver si coin esto se despierta mas el turbito de abajo

aca les dejo un poco de info que resulta interesante

Here's a set of 280 camshafts, both intake and exhaust. These cams are ground with the same profile as the HKS 280 intake and exhaust cams but they're actually slightly more aggressive than the HKS's. As mentioned in the subtitle, these are re-manufactured from OEM 4G63T cores. So, as I said, this is not cheap Chinese crap. These are brand new grinds and have not been installed in any vehicle. This doesn't mean that they haven't been tested though. We installed a set of these in our own 1991 2.3L stroker Talon TSI and they are incredible. The car was built for SCCA type road racing and we have approximately 3000 track miles with these cams. The car is also a street car, so YES these cams are great for street use. The car continues to idle smoothly, with a hint of exhaust burble that's representative of the increased aggressiveness. We have run these cams with both a small 16G turbo and a larger GT3076R. In both cases spool up time is notably faster. With the smaller turbo spool up begins at approximately 2800RPM's, and continues to build power all the way to the top of the RPM range (long after the stock cams would have fallen off). The larger turbo begins to spool at approximately 3400RPM's. I couldn't be happier with the results myself, and I'll continue to use these cams in my own car. Why pay $600 for HKS or Crower cams? Why buy Brian Crower cams that dont provide you with any cam statistics at all? With my cams you can have the same quality HKS profile made from quality cores and I'll provide you with a detailed specification sheet outlining lobe lift, center line, duration, valve lift, etc.

Take a look at my feedback if you like, it is pretty representative of what kind of eBayer you're dealing with. I wouldn't sell these cams if I didn't believe in them.

I've already sold two of these sets of cams on ebay and the buyers were more than happy. Please take a look at auction #160047247433 , #160051849278 , and #160065215381 as reference's. Also, you can see the positive comments they left in my feedback. The buyers were cherrykids (1140) , 94vxhatch (11) , and petbre (74).

Specifications:

INTAKE CAM
    Duration @ .050" lobe lift
    Crank Degree = 202.8
    Net Lift = .402"

EXHAUST CAM
    Duration @ .050" lobe lift
    Crank Degree = 203.4
    Net Lift = .381"

I know that sometimes regrinds have a bad ******tion, but it all depends on what type of cams they are and how they 're made. The stereotype about regrinds typically comes from problems with welded cores, and even more so problems with wiper or lifter type cams. These are not those kind of cams, these are roller follower type cams, and they have not been welded on. To further set your mind at rest they've been induction hardened on all lobe surfaces where contact is made. Also, to ensure that the correct lash adjuster to roller follower geometry is established, shims are included, and are to be placed under each hydraulic lash adjuster.

I'm trying to sell these cams regularly now in 264, 272, and 280 durations. Currently I have sets of 272's and 280's in stock. Please, feel free to send me a message letting me know what you need. Also, if you have spare sets of stock cores sitting around I'd be willing to offer a discount in exchange for them, of I would be willing to buy them outright. Please contact me to discuss it.

Here are some questions and answers from past auctions.

Incidentally, springs and retainers for Non-turbo models are the same as those used in turbo cars. Non-turbo and turbo cams were only very marginally different. One could expect the same type of performance gains (increased power, responsiveness, etc) in either vehicle. That doesn't mean, of course, that the ratio would be the same. I'm currently using these cams with my stock springs and haven't had any problems. Typically, the reason people upgrade the springs is to combat what is referred to as valve float. This occurs at higher RPM's when under-sprung cams are rotating so fast that the valves literally do not have the spring compression to rebound quick enough. This results in the valves floating off of the lobe, which can negatively impact airflow through the motor. I know that some companies, such as Crower, offer upgraded spring/retainer kits but even these are only about 5-10% stiffer than stock springs. If you're not planning on turning your car into a 10,000 RPM race car, you really don't have anything to worry about. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for the interest.

Re: nuevas levas para la talon

apareciste!!!!! mas chimichurri para la talon??

Comment

que resultado obtuviste con las otras?

Comment

eran maso
        el turbo agarra mecha grosa a 4500 rpm y me parecio mucho asi que pedi estas que me haran enganchar a tipo 3500 si tengo suerte
        igual si se pone mas molesto el tema modifico algunas cositas en la turbina con un amigo en cordoba que hace estudios para eso en turbos y tiene un par de secretitos muy lindo
        ya me esta modificando una T4 colocando rulemanes en ves de bujes ( ball bearing) pero hecho en AR aguante argentina

Comment

Lo q es pelarse el orto para conseguir lo q uno kiere.. TE FELICITO DE CORAZON PA!!!

Comment

el otro me lo esta pelando el turbo pero de tanto hincharme las pelotas jajajaj
            me tiene podrido porque los alaves de adm y escapoe tienen mucha diferencia entonces a mucha presion los bujes no aguantan nada
            ahora me van a poner unos bujes de 360 grados especiales para alta presion lateras o sea juego axial pera ver si soporta mas de 2.5 sin romprece en 300km
            sino cambiare la compresora por una mas chica total es demasiado grande en serio

Comment

y al autodromo cuando????

Comment

Originally posted by talonsport
                el otro me lo esta pelando el turbo pero de tanto hincharme las pelotas jajajaj
                me tiene podrido porque los alaves de adm y escapoe tienen mucha diferencia entonces a mucha presion los bujes no aguantan nada
                ahora me van a poner unos bujes de 360 grados especiales para alta presion lateras o sea juego axial pera ver si soporta mas de 2.5 sin romprece en 300km
                sino cambiare la compresora por una mas chica total es demasiado grande en serio
                Y ahora como que te dio cuanto? 200 HP Mas?

Comment

Por dios, cuanto laburo que le tas metiendo. Espero q de los resultados que esperas.
                  Saludos y a no aflojarle.

Comment

ya lo tomo como un hooby jajaja
                    armo y desarmo de memoria ya
                    lastima el calor que me atrasa mucho
                    con mas de 26 grados no laburo en el auto ni en pedo

Comment

Originally posted by talonsport
                      eran maso
                      el turbo agarra mecha grosa a 4500 rpm y me parecio mucho asi que pedi estas que me haran enganchar a tipo 3500 si tengo suerte
                      igual si se pone mas molesto el tema modifico algunas cositas en la turbina con un amigo en cordoba que hace estudios para eso en turbos y tiene un par de secretitos muy lindo
                      ya me esta modificando una T4 colocando rulemanes en ves de bujes ( ball bearing) pero hecho en AR aguante argentina
                      que rulemanes le pusieron???o le van a poner..

Comment

Terminaste de asentar?

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Manuel
                          Terminaste de asentar?
                          jaja buena pregunta

Comment

si desesperados ya termine el ablande
                            muy pronto voy a estar probando un poco para ustedes en alguna pista
                            pero solo para eso porque sino los semiejes me van a explotar a cada rato
                            sino en las pistas nos podemos ver tambien porque vamos a alquilar un autodromo con unos amigos asi que cuadno lo resuelva se los paso y el que quiere se veien a dar unas vueltitas a fondo con su auto en una pista de verdad

Comment

que caƱonn por dios ese autoo!!!

muchas felicitaciones

aviza cuando vas a probar!!!!!

y cuando alquial el autdromo que voy jajajaj re colgado

Comment

Working...
                              X