Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford a 31" la perfeccion hecha street rod!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford a 31" la perfeccion hecha street rod!

Chassis
    The '32 frame was built by Kiwi Konnection in Bakersfield, CA-boxed and pinched with a Model A front crossmember installed. Chris wanted to do the K-member and rear crossmember himself. A dropped Model A axle by Jordan Graham of Solvang, CA, was used in conjunction with a split wishbone. The rear axle is out of a '36 Ford; it came with a 4.10 gearset that Chris changed over to a more freeway-friendly 3.78 setup. Chris also shortened the torque tube and had Wenco in Van Nuys, CA, shorten the driveshaft. Since the forthcoming nailhead V-8 was so big and had the starter right where the steering column would be, he opted for cowl steering. The steering box is from a mid-'60s Mopar that didn't require reversing; the pitman arm and steering column are also owner-fabricated.

Drivetrain
    "I gave myself two options for the engine: either a Hemi or a nailhead," Chris says. As luck would have it, a high school in Palmdale, CA (that still has a shop class), was selling a recently rebuilt 322 nailhead for $1,500, so he jumped on the deal. A '39 Ford transmission was located with an Offenhauser 309 adapter. Mike Brown in Pomona, CA, set up the flawless gearbox. Aaron Kahan came to the rescue with an Offenhauser 6x2 aluminum log manifold, while fellow Burbank Choppers member Deron Wright offered guidance with the sextet of Stromberg 97s-each one rebuilt by Chris. The carb linkage is straight rather than progressive, made using vintage aircraft heim joints. The exhaust, including lakes pipes, was fabricated by Chris as well. "I purchased an SBC pipe kit, ditched the exhaust flanges, and went to town. I wanted a nice flow, so everything curves into the cone. I also wanted options when it came to loudness, and decided to have mufflers (Smithys) and a 2-inch pipe going out the back of the car." Old aircraft valves were modified and now serve as caps.

Body & Paint
    "The 4-inch chop on the body was easier than I had expected-taking the 4 inches out, pie-cutting the posts, tacking, and finish welding took about a day and a half. The body required very little, fixing/patch panels, etc., but the rear subfloor needed to be cut out and modified to fit over the '32 frame. The body was slightly channeled to eliminate the gap between body and frame." Chris also fabbed up the rear bumper. "I'm kind of proud of that-it's made from 7/8-inch stainless rod, heated, and bent to the desired shape, and then sanded and polished to make everything shine." The headlight bar is a modified '32 Ford that was cut and rewelded to make everything work. Jeff Savage from Brownsburg, IN, was hired and flown to Burbank to tackle the paintjob; he stayed at Chris' shop for three weeks. "From bare metal till the finish buffing of the paint," Chris says.

Interior
    The coupe's upholstery was stitched by Dave Martinez in Burbank. Rolled and pleated Oxblood-colored leather was used. Rather Spartan, as well it should be, the interior is void of any unnecessary items-just a set of Stewart Warner gauges (in the stock dash/tank), chromed '39 top-load shifter, and '40 Ford wheel atop the chromed column tube Chris fashioned when fitting the aluminum Mopar manual steering box. The trunk was done in similar fashion; the custom-made wood battery cover suggesting yet another of Chris' talents (furniture design).

Respuesta: Ford a 31" la perfeccion hecha street rod!

pfff......terrible!!!

Comment

Uf, que buen gusto.... cuanta envidia...

Comment

Muy lindo che.... Hermoso para dar unas vueltas los fin de semana.

Comment

Que lindo parece el street rods del abuelo jejejej

Comment

perfecto! negro con interior rojo

Comment

el titulo lo dice todo...perfecto...

Comment

que liiinda qe esta la ford A esa loco
                qe poolvo

Comment

Working...
                X