This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acura RSX

O.K. so we have our specs, now here's how we built the racecar. The cage consists of mostly 1 3/4" .095 wall chromoly tubing. The
    rules specifically state that we had to have 1/4" thick steel plates attaching it to the floor. Since the floor on Hondas are very thin
    (certainly not 1/4"), vertical gussets were fabricated to tie into the thicker unibody rails. Plate gussets were also added at the A and
    B-pillars for strength and chassis rigidity. The cage is also fully x-braced and tube gusseted.
    We also had to make provisions also for our driver to escape within fifteen seconds (timed). Further safety equipment includes a full
    fire system and driver restraints.
    Aerodynamics play a huge roll in the pursuit of land speed records, so a full belly pan needed to be fabricated. Also,Hondata wanted to
    run the car in four seperate classes with two sets of aero package rules. Two of the classes, G altered and G fuel altered, only allow what
    is referred to as a step pan (flat from the firewall back to ten inches in front of the rear axle C/L). That meant that we had to fabricate
    the flat bottom in three sections and be able to easily remove and install them at the salt. We also had to engineer some reenforced
    areas in order to lift the car with jacks.
    The cool looking aero nose section (only legal for G competition coupe) was fabbed with help from Steve Ritchie Styling Development.
    The rear wing is adjustable and designed to work in conjunction with the underbody diffuser to provide downforce and minimize
    drag. The parachute is tied directly to the cage and mounted strategically so it will launch up into the airstream.
    Power for this land speed missile comes from a 2.0l NA (!) on spec gasoline for the gas classes and on race fuel with nitrous for the
    fuel classes. Nitrous? Yup, thats right, four 20lb bottles (to prevent pressure drop along the four mile run). Check out our bottle
    mounting system (straight out of the movies). The rules also required a firewall between the driver and the N2O which we fabbed out
    of 5052 aluminum and sealed to the hatch (while still allowing it to open for access).
    The motor was built by Joe at Prototype racing and features IPS K2 camshafts with a cylinder head worked by Tom at Portflow.
    Of course, the engine management is handled by a Hondata K-Pro tuned by Doug Macmillan on Church Automotive's Dynapac dyno.
    We added the cool Moon discs to the custom 4" steel wheels for aerodynamics and retro style (yeah, man).
    Our first trip to the Bonneville salt flats was very productive. Doug set four records: G/GALT 167.346mph, G/GCC 167.988mph,
    G/FALT 184.025mph and G/FCC 186.505. Top speed for the fuel class was 190.135mph and the gas 172.238 (records are the average
    of two separate runs on the same course on consecutive days).

Respuesta: Acura RSX

Esta muy lindo, ahora, tengo una duda, no soy experto en ingles pero.. dice que corre 190 mph y es 2 litros? Eso es 300 km/h aprox , cuanto anda un TC2000 en el óvalo de Rafaela sin chicanas? No los de ahora con el mismo motor todos que me parece malísimo, ya ni me interesa la categoría asi.. si no los últimos con 2L de cada marca?? Me parece que habían probado una vez y volaban

Comment

alla el nitro no escasea
      Originally posted by BarracasGTI View Post
      Esta muy lindo, ahora, tengo una duda, no soy experto en ingles pero.. dice que corre 190 mph y es 2 litros? Eso es 300 km/h aprox , cuanto anda un TC2000 en el óvalo de Rafaela sin chicanas? No los de ahora con el mismo motor todos que me parece malísimo, ya ni me interesa la categoría asi.. si no los últimos con 2L de cada marca?? Me parece que habían probado una vez y volaban
      sin chicanas corrieron
      Yo pienso que mas 290 llegan andaban algunos por mas de 310 hp

Comment

Originally posted by DODGE N´ROSES View Post
        alla el nitro no escasea

sin chicanas corrieron
        Yo pienso que mas 290 llegan andaban algunos por mas de 310 hp
        No recuerdo bien, no digo que corrieron la carrera sin chicanas, pero me acuerdo que habian probado hace poco o algo asi, no me acuerdo si era un TC... quiza me equivoque.. A lo que voy es que no me parece gran cosa lo de este Acura cuando a un 2litros ARGENTINO con la configuración y puesta a punto correspondiente para esa pista tal vez lo aplaste!!

Comment

270... 275 llegan en el ovalo
          tiene que ver la configuracion que tiene encima... por que te pueden llegar a esa veolicdad un tc2000 relativamente rapido. pero a 290 tiene que carretear mas. y la medicion del record es de X distancia ida y vuelta.
          igualmente la comparacion no tiene sustento.
          son autos que nacen para distintos propositos

Comment

Originally posted by foxkomodo View Post
            270... 275 llegan en el ovalo
            tiene que ver la configuracion que tiene encima... por que te pueden llegar a esa veolicdad un tc2000 relativamente rapido. pero a 290 tiene que carretear mas. y la medicion del record es de X distancia ida y vuelta.
            igualmente la comparacion no tiene sustento.
            son autos que nacen para distintos propositos
            Obviamente que la comparación no es la mas correcta, nunca lo podrías comprobar.. A lo que voy es que pense que iba a mover mas el RSX, que se yo.. quiza la distancia no sea muy larga y este bien, no lo se..
            Llegan 275 con chicanas?? porque solo óvalo sería algo distinto..

---------- Post added at 00:19 ---------- Previous post was at 00:17 ----------

Igual en semejante desierto no creo que sea cortito el recorrido..

Comment

Working...
            X