This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damon’s Buick Grand National: “Twin-Twins”

This Buick GN is a frame off build. The engine is a 383 stroker with 8:1 compression ratio, Cola crank, Eagle rods and JE pistons. Bullet proof bottom end (all forged) and twin 60MM Garrett ball bearing turbos and a 90MM throttle body, mechanical roller assembly. The tranny is a 400, the rear end gear is a 3.55 Richmond Ford 9" with back brace and nodular 3rd member, 40 spline axels, running 10.5 wide Mickey Thompsons, rear quarters stretched 4" on each side, rolled tubs. It has an 8 point cage certified to 8.50. The car has run 8.59 in the 1/4 and 5.59 in the 1/8, both at 18PSI. Future plans include custom made Grand National wheels, 15X10 with street ET's. in the rear and 15X6's in the front. The car has a detatchable parachute and wheelie bars. Working headlights, taillights, blinkers. And as seen in the lower pictures, new electric cut-outs which stick out the front fenders. In closed mode the exhaust runs out of blow through Magna-Flows which dump out in front of the rear end.Fiberglass hood and front bumper.

This is more like a before and after pic. You can see how the fuel lines ran over the headers in the first pics. I re-routed the fuel lines and relocated the 'y' block to the fire wall, ran a couple of #8, 180 degree fittings off the front of the fuel rails to accomplish this. Much neater appearance and no more 'warm' fuel. Also in the process of replacing the radiator hose with stainless steel for a neater, more efficent system.

This GN has a 355 Small block with 8.5:1 compression, bullet proof bottom end and twin 70MM Holset turbos which are water cooled and ball bearing lubricated. The Throttle body was custom built using twin 70MM Throttle bodies. It also has a 400 tranny and a 3.55 rear end gear. It has run a best of 5.84 on 10PSI in the 1/8. It has a 400 tranny and 3.55 gears as well. Both cars have track locators and anti roll bars. This one is by far the fastest even though it does not have a time slip yet to prove it. Last year it came up 6 feet in the first 2 gears and collasped the rear end resulting in a year of down time rebuilding...but she is ready again and when the sun comes out so will the GN's.

The build is complete. I hit a switch under the dash and the exhaust comes out the front fender straight from the turbos.....LOUD and fast.....off the chain. So haters get back to what you do cause if you hatin I must be escalatin......don't let me catch you slippin.

Baby is getting some new shoes!!! These WERE original GN wheels but I had them stretched to 10 inches wide (back spacing is 4 inches)!!! Also had the lug holes opened to 5/8ths to fit the axel studs. The tires are on order Mickey Thompson ET P315X60X15's, they should fill up the wheel wells nice.....and make baby ALMOST street legal. Next is to have another set of original wheels narrowed to 6 inches (from the original 7inches) to fit in the front. Then we will have a STREET LEGAL 8 second (in the 1/4) MONSTER.

Re: Damon’s Buick Grand National: “Twin-Twins”

una bestialidad, eso es un auto gerrero no un fiat uno con llantas negras

Comment

mamaaa!!!!
      estos yankies y sus "street legal" de fantasia jaja.. depsues se qejan al q le dice callejero y no tiene asientos atras...

Comment

el ultimo muscle car...

Comment

Originally posted by foxkomodo
          el ultimo muscle car...
          Esactoo!!! y es muyyyy cazabobos, como viene de fabrica no dice nada y anda como la san putaaa, muyyy lindos los 2!!

Comment

Originally posted by marce-tipo
            una bestialidad, eso es un auto gerrero no un fiat uno con llantas negras
            +1

es un terrible cazabobos,de fabrica,sin tocarle nada,quien se imaginaria que esa caja de zapatos acelere tanto
            un fierro que me encanto desde que lo conoci,ni hablar enfierrado

Comment

ese el mejor auto yanqui de los 80
              me vuelve loco
              aparte del camaro iroc

Comment

Working...
              X