• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIMCA RALLY

algunas fotos..y una pequeña entrevista

con las IAVA

Simca 1000 Rallye

t all started with a 1978 Simca Rallye1 in a beautiful blue metallic color. I had never worked on cars before, except for washing the Peugeot 205 I had then. First time I saw this car, it was present at a VW Bug meeting! Not the place to be for a Simca. Probably the only resemblance is the rear placed engine. Two girls were sitting on the roof. It had a damage at the right front fender, some more things and some rust, but I still felt affection... for the car of course. When I went back to it for the second time, the girls told me that it was for sale! I asked them for the price. They didn't know, but would get the owner to give some more info. The owner looked like a biker. Big, redbearded and some tatoos and other 'decorations'. It was a real nice guy. He told me about the history of the car and how he got hold of it. He offered me to make a testdrive and a few minutes later I was behind the wheel of Simca 1000 Rallye1. It ran really well. I accelerated, shifted up to second gear and then third gear. Touched the brakes to make a right turn, clutched and shifted back to second... . The synchronization from third to second was completely worn. Then I continued my testdrive, only using 1st, 2nd and 4th gear. The rest worked perfect. When I got back I didn't know what to do it yet. The seller told me to think about it and I could always come over to him and have a second look at it

This Simca 1000 Rallye2 was the first car of my friend Ruud Bubber, better known as Bub. Bub is a mechanic and he's always willing to help me out when I'm in need of some technical assistance with one of my Simca's. When he came from school, he started to work at Simca Garage of Joop Duindam. Later he changed to building glass houses, but that wan't where his heart was. Now he's working again for several years at Duindam again, but nowadays Duindam is specialezed in Peugeot. The reason for this is that in the late seventies Simca got renamed to Talbot. Later it was bought by Peugeot and Talbot disappeared completely.

The engine

1294 cubic centimeters, 4 cylinders, 2 double corps 32mm Solex carburators are good for more than 80 HorsePowers(DIN). This engine delivers even some more, as it has a wilder camshaft in it. Not shown on the picture is the exhaust system; a 4 in one collecter, combined with a After market muffler for a motorbike... It's not a slow car, but this makes it even sound much faster as it is.

Simca in the races
    The Simca 1000 Rallye2 was a very popular racing car in the seventies. Engines of 1.1 and later 1.3 liters were giving 55HP to 165HP. There were special classes for low budget racing. Cars in these races often were used the next day to drive to work as well. Probably not as family car, but this might give you an idea. There were also lots of professional races with Simca Rallye's. Especially when it was wet, it was very hard to beat a Simca!
    [IMG]http://home.tiscali.nl/~mack3/images/cars/simca/simrace.jpg
    que se escapó ahi?

Simca 1200S
    This is what I like about Simca's. They do have very nice shapes...
    The Simca 1200S is designed by Bertone. It's build on a Simca 1000 base and is also using lots of the Simca technique. It has a 1224cc engine with two DC Solex carborators. The car has four disc brakes. This car is becoming very collectible. The blonde female mechanic was not included within the standard equiment...

pd: como le daba maza en el Rfactor q lindo q suena

Re: SIMCA RALLY

LINDO,, ES IGUAL AL NSU TT

Comment

No es muy lindo pero tiene facha de guerrero Y da la sensación de que debería de tener un buen comportamiento en curva, como en el post del MINI que hicistes, tiene las ruedas bastante a los extremos de la carrocería lo que se traduce en un chasis manejable... Y por la potencia que dice que le sacaron seguro que anda fuerte.
      Muy buena data. Saludos.

Comment

Es una cajita de zapatos con ruedas, me encanta!! lindo bichito para manejar...

Comment

muyyyy feooo.
          exelente la nota

Comment

Un auto de competicion 100%,me gusta!!

Comment

muy buena la info!!! exelente

pero que cuadradito y feo el pobre jejejejje

Comment

Originally posted by gaboneon
                Un auto de competicion 100%,me gusta!!
                si a mi tambien, me encanta..cuadradito..y paton jaja

Comment

feo pero me gusta!!!

Comment

bicho feo pero debe andar lindo

Comment

Me encanta como los preparaban para esa epoca, que marca es?

Comment

Originally posted by GTA89
                        Me encanta como los preparaban para esa epoca, que marca es?
                        SIMCA= Société Industrielle de Mécanique et de Carrosserie Automobile
                        francesa

Comment

Originally posted by cris16v
                          SIMCA= Société Industrielle de Mécanique et de Carrosserie Automobile
                          francesa
                          aaahhh pense que simca ere el modelo , ignorante yo? naa

Comment

fieeerrooooooooooooooo.....que lindo bichitos.....me encanto!

Comment

Originally posted by GTA89
                              aaahhh pense que simca ere el modelo , ignorante yo? naa
                              si callate que yo hasta hace poco pensaba q eran italianos hasta q vi q estaba relacionado con Gordini

Comment

Working...
                              X