• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nuevo Corvette muestra telemetria y demas datos ....de tu vuelta en pista

The 2015 Corvette’s dash cam is insanely powerful

Your own personal instructor.

By Zach Bowman January 5, 2014

I’m sitting behind the wheel of the very first C7 Corvette ever built in the pits of Sebring. VIN1. A gentleman leans in through the open driver’s window.

“I think the track’s clear,” he says. “If something really fast comes up behind you, get the hell over.”
    There are very fast things out here.

Corvette Racing has been whipping around the track with a pair of C7.Rs all morning, and even they get over when the Audi R18 e-Tron comes tearing by. The flying German billboard sounds exactly like George Jetsons’ possessed vacuum cleaner, and it’s been ripping off lap times that are a full 30 seconds quicker than the mighty C7.Rs.

Until this moment, I’d never been on this track. My one and only goal is to not become the first joker to record himself nosing a 2014 Chevrolet Corvette into the tire wall with the company’s new Performance Data Recorder. It’s the world’s very first factory dash cam, but it’s much more than just a Chevrolet-branded GoPro.
    GM turned to Cosworth to help develop the new PDR, and the system pairs a high-definition 720p video camera with GPS tracking and vehicle telemetry. When joined with the free Cosworth Toolbox telemetry software, the PDR becomes one of the most powerful driver-improvement tools out there.

Check the option box on the 2015 Corvette order sheet, and GM will install your PDR system at the factory. The unit tucks up near the rear-view mirror, and records the driver’s point of view through the windshield. It also captures in-car audio.

Which is why I try not to squeal like a girl when I round turn five on my third lap and nearly put the Stingray into the dirt. People can tell you that Sebring’s a rough track all day long, but you don’t really understand what that means until the car’s hopscotching across the ancient concrete at 90 mph. It’s Baghdad with painted curbs.

The PDR allows the driver to set a start/finish point on any track, and the 5hz GPS unit will plot your course and keep track of lap times in Track mode. Once you’re out of your car and on your laptop, Toolbox then overlays your route onto Bing Maps, giving you a clear look at the lines you took. You can even overlay multiple laps to see exactly where you’re quick and where you’re losing time.

The system also overlays a bushel of vehicle telemetry, including brake and throttle position, gear selection, vehicle speed, engine speed, traction control selection, and traction control engagement. In Track Mode, the replay looks like it was lifted from Gran Turismo, and you can compare any of the vehicle’s parameters across laps at any point in the recording. The easiest way to get faster is to know where you’re slow.
    Shockingly, Cosworth doesn’t use some worthless proprietary file type. Everything gets recorded to an MP4 file, which means you can watch your playback on just about any device. The PDR saves to an SD card slot in the glove box, and GM says a 32 gig card can save up to 800 minutes of footage. Here’s the cool bit: don’t want to bust out your laptop? The PDR can replay your footage on the eight-inch color LCD screen mounted in the Corvette’s dash.

Track Mode is certainly the ruckus for anyone who spends time making laps, but the PDR also offers three other recording modes. Sport Mode skips many of the more technical overlays in favor of vehicle speed and g-force, while Touring Mode offers no overlay at all. Think of it as a traditional dash cam view. Finally, Performance Mode overlays 0-60 mph time, ¼ mile speed and elapsed time and 0-100-0 mph runs. No matter what overlay you choose, the PDR continues to record all of your telemetry.

I manage to complete my four laps without getting lost on the Florida plains or cozying up with the wall. I count these among my proudest achievements. Once in the pits, the reps from Cosworth pop my SD card into a laptop and compare my laps to ones Tommy Milner ran earlier in the day. Milner drives for the number 4 C7.R, and I’m a solid 10 seconds off his time.
    I’m in no danger of poaching the dude’s job.

GM hasn’t released pricing for the PDR as of yet, but you can check out a video of my frenetic lap below.

Read more: http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/news/...#ixzz2pcmCUlVD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

graba hasta el audio del incar....mas la telemetria etc....y despues reproducirlo en el display de 8 pulgadas LCD del auto...

Re: nuevo Corvette muestra telemetria y demas datos ....de tu vuelta en pista

es buenisimo el sistema!

Comment

que bueno , para desmitificar a los ases del volante del foro....

Comment

Lindo chiche. Aprovechar la tecnología gps y todo eso de manera pistera ajaj.

Comment

Originally posted by HKS View Post
          que bueno , para desmitificar a los ases del volante del foro....

jajaja...mira cuando lo traiga un renol....

Comment

Working...
          X