Comment

• Re: Una FOTO por día, SOLO pickups o camiones

Comment

Comment

Weekend Edition – A 1974 Ford F-250 Ranger XLT 4X4 Extended Cab SWB

Jim Brennan September 14, 2013 For Sale, Weekend Edition 20 Comments

OK, I am going to start this particular post with a rant, and it’s not about the featured item this time. You see, I can’t stand it when things change for just the sake of change, with no perceived benefit to the user, and two different websites that I use a great deal to bring some entertainment value here have changed, and not for the better. Flickr is one of those sites, and it is very difficult to navigate, takes up a boatload of band width, and has become a lot less interesting in the process. Now, eBay Motors has just changed the way to search out the vehicles that I deem interesting, and they also have changed the way the photos are displayed. It’s not better… It’s frustrating, time consuming, and I lose interest faster in the site.
          Anyway, while I was yelling at my computer while trying to navigate within eBay, I ran across this 1974 Ford F-250 Ranger XLT Extended Cab 4X4 SWB (Say that three times fast… I dare ya!) which looks great, has some authentic flaws, but it owned by one Brotastic Dude… Would you try and own this truck?

According to the seller:
          Up for auction is an extremely rare Super Cab 4×4 SHORT BED with a 460 V8 and a 4-speed manual transmission. If you know these trucks then you know that it’s nearly impossible to find a supercab short bed with 4wd. I’ve only seen 3 other short beds in my entire life and none of them compared to this one. The body is a true survivor from California, and the truck is one of the cleanest, straightest, and most rust free trucks that I’ve ever seen without a full restoration. The reason the truck is so rare is because Ford never made it. That’s right. Ford never made a short bed supercab in 4wd version. You can find long bed supercab 4x4s all day long, but good luck finding a short bed.

I have a clean and clear title in hand showing the 74 VIN which is still stamped on the truck so there is no problem transferring it to your state and getting a tag. Plus since it’s titled as a 74 year model you CA residents are pre smog.
          The truck started life as a loaded 2wd supercab that lived an easy life with a slide in camper in the bed (hence the holes in the pics) The previous owner took the prestine body, interior, electronics, etc…and combined them with a 78 4×4 frame, running gear, 460ci engine, dana 60 rear, and a big hub dana 44 front axle to get it to it’s current state. The entire engine frame, and drivetrain were cleaned, painted, resealed, and freshened up before the body was installed.

The truck is loaded with all the good factory options like; COLD AC, folding rear bench, power steering, power breaks, front disc beaks, dual gas tanks, overload springs, trailer special package, luxury interior, two tone paint, towing package, and all the good trim options.

The reason the truck is so well preserved is becuase it spent it’s life with a slide in camper in the bed, so I have to think that it was only used for road trips, vacation, etc…for that reason the bed and tailgate are in excellent condition. Currently the bed is in white primer and has been prepped for a spray in liner. I didn’t spray it because I figured the new owner may prefer to put it back in paint and keep it original.

Mechanically the truck is mint, and it loves the cold weather and always starts on the first bump of the key. It tracks down the highway well and you can drive it easily with just a finger or two on the wheel. The tires are new vintage reproductions and the measure just over 36″ tall. There is also a full spare in the bed. Currently the front gears are 4:10 or 4:11 and the rears are 3:50. I was planning on changing the fronts to 3:50 as well becuase it performs so well on the highway. I’m willing to install either for the buyer for around $500 or if your a gearhead like me then you’ll probably want to drive it with the 3:50 gear before you make a call on which ratio to go with. The odometer is showing around 86k miles, but I have no way of knowing if it’s rolled over. I’m pretty sure the engine has been rebuilt recently, but I have nothing to prove it aside from how great it runs and drives.

Everything on this truck that I’ve used works like it should including: reverse lights, underhood lights, dash lights, dome light, exterior lights, gauges, horn, towing harness, and yes the AC blows hard and cold. The only thing that I’ve found not working is the wiper washer system, but the wipers themselves work great.

The truck is extremely solid with hardly any rust. There are a few spots of surface rust on the body, a little rust on the radiator support, and one spot on a quarter panel behind one of the trim panels. As you can see by all the pictures of the undercarriage the truck is extremely solid, and I’ve tried to provide pictures of all the trouble spots so that you can see for yourself how solid this truck is. You’ll also see that a small patch panel has been welded to the floors. The job was done right, and the floors are now stronger than original.
          Last edited by Homero renolero; 05-03-2017, 12:53.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Homero renolero; 06-03-2017, 13:46.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ford trabaja en una Ranger Raptor V6

7 MARZO, 2017

El anuncio de que Ford venderá la Ranger en Estados Unidos a partir de 2018 fue una de las noticias del pasado Salón de Detroit. Por un lado, porque se fabricará en Estados Unidos para beneplácito de Donald Trump. También porque vendrá acompañada del regreso de la Bronco. Y, por último, porque sumará versiones hasta el momento inéditas.
                      Una de ellas será una variante deportiva que podrá llevar el apodo Raptor (como ya ocurre con la F150). Tendrá un motor V6 que ya está siendo ensayado en Australia, el país donde se desarrolló la actual generación de la Ranger T6.
                      Por el momento, no hay certezas de las motorizaciones que utilizará. Hay tres candidatos en danza: V6 2.7 EcoBoost naftero (325 cv y 508 Nm), V6 3.5 EcoBoost naftero (375 cv y 637 Nm) y el nuevo V6 3.0 PowerStroke turbodiesel, cuyos datos de rendimiento aún no fueron informados.
                      Los motores nafteros EcoBoost cuentan con la ventaja de ser compatibles con la nueva caja automática de diez velocidades que Ford está implementando en varios modelos.
                      El salto de potencia vendrá acompañado por un diseño específico (más deportivo que utilitario) y cambios en el chasis, como suspensiones recalibradas y frenos a disco en las cuatro ruedas.
                      La Ranger Raptor V6 competirá en Estados Unidos con las versiones V6 de la Chevrolet Colorado. Sin embargo, en el resto del mundo, los rivales serán otros.
                      Cuando se lance este modelo de Ford en el país del Norte, en la Argentina ya estarán a la venta las VW Amarok V6 (Autoblog ya la manejó, leer más) y la Mercedes-Benz Clase X V6 (Autoblog ya conoció el concept, leer más).
                      Ilustración: CarAdvice

Comment

La VW Amarok V6 costará cerca de un millón de pesos

8 MARZO, 2017

Desde San Nicolás – Volkswagen Argentina
                        confirmó en ExpoAgro que en junio saldrá a la venta la versión más potente de su pick-up fabricada en Pacheco: la Amarok V6, con un 3.0 turbodiesel de 224 caballos y 550 Nm.

Pero, para los más ansiosos, en abril se abrirá una preventa de 400 unidades, para quienes quieran ser los primeros en recibirla. El precio rondará el millón de pesos.
                        Las unidades exhibidas en ExpoAgro, donde es posible manejarla en una pista de pruebas, todavía son ejemplares importados de Alemania, donde la Amarok V6 ya está a la venta. Estas mismas unidades alemanas son las que Autoblog ya manejó el año pasado en El Calafate (ver nota).
                        En una primera etapa, la Amarok V6 se venderá sólo con dos niveles de equipamiento, los más completos. La diferencia será la presentación estética. Todas tendrán caja automática de ocho velocidades y tracción integral 4Motion, sin reductora.
                        En otros mercados, la Amarok V6 se ofrece con distintos niveles de equipamiento y potencia. En Europa, por ejemplo, el motor de seis cilindros ya reemplazó a todos los motores 2.0 bi-turbodiesel. En la Argentina, sin embargo, convivirán ambas motorizaciones.
                        Además de la Amarok V6, Volkswagen exhibe en ExpoAgro el nuevo Passat B8, que saldrá a la venta en abril. El equipamiento y el precio ya están confirmados.
                        Otra novedad: el Golf GTE, versión híbrida del famoso hatchback compacto. Tal como ocurrió con el Golf-e (100% eléctrico) que se exhibió este verano en Cariló, forma parte de los modelos con energías alternativas que comenzarán a llegar a la Argentina a partir del año que viene.
                        Informe y fotos: Tadeo Shiira y Diego Bovier

La Amarok V6 es la estrella de Volkswagen en ExpoAgro.

Todavía son unidades importadas de Alemania.

Saldrá a la venta en junio, con producción en Pacheco.

Motor V6 3.0 turbodiesel de 224 caballos de potencia.

La Amarok no es la única novedad de VW en ExpoAgro.

Last edited by Homero renolero; 08-03-2017, 10:08.

Comment

Last edited by Homero renolero; 09-03-2017, 11:19.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard2 View Post
                              Es un buen producto, definitivamente va a andar bien, igual de ahi a que tenga ventas masivas................

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X