This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Para lo degustadores de los buenos autos!!! Monterey 2011 PART 2/3

I didn’t get the chance to meet Robert but he saw the photos and said he’d be interested in a photoshoot if he’s in Monterey next year so you can look forward to that!

This Maserati 3500GT was parked just behind the Gallardo

After I got my pass it was off to the races!

There were cars flying around the track as soon as we got there. The classic Ferrari class was definitely the coolest to watch. The amount of money zipping around the track was staggering

Despite having a media pass I didn’t get a photo vest so I was unable to get close to the track action. Since shooting far away with a maximum zoom level of 70mm (on a full-frame sensor no less) wasn’t favorable we went into the paddock area where Jaguar had an elaborate set up of cars

They had everything from the new XK-RS…

…to this collection of D-types

As this Can-Am car was headed out to the starting grid…

…this 275 GTB was coming in after some track time.

As more Can-Am cars started to line up I spotted this driver in vintage racing gear

Mazda brought out their 787B prototype racer for the event

BMW brought out the awesome new M5. This car looks great in person, I can’t wait to see them around

They also brought out the stunning 328 Hommage concept.

The interior of the Hommage

This Datsun 510/Bluebird really caught my eye

This John Player Special F1 car was hiding out in the Pit Garages.

I loved the look of this old Aston Martin

This Daytona was being pushed back under its tent.

Despite being a little worse for wear this 300SL looked great

As did this Lusso.

This Gullwing happens to be an Arizona car

I really want to own one of these someday

I saw this car and immediately recognized it from Forza Motorsport, the Porsche 956

Another guy dressed up in period racing attire

Couldn’t believe this Million dollar plus Alfa just sitting there

The Porsche 908 is one of my favorites

Things don’t go well for everybody at the Historic Races…

Since there was a large class for Ferrari 250 GTO’s at Pebble Beach this year, there were plenty present at the Motorsports Reunion as well

There was a huge line up of cobra’s, and since this was Monterey, you can bet these were all real Shelby’s

This was my second time seeing this awesome Zagato Bodied Aston in Monterey and it was a pleasure

Since Jaguar was the featured marque of the event, they had the latest and greatest, like this 2012 XFR

After parousing the paddock for a couple hours, we went over to the car corral area where we came across a very under-appreciated car, the Iso Grifo

Also present was a group of Lotuses, or is it Loti?

There was also this Guards Red Carrera GT which I saw 3 more times over the weekend

After the races we went out to a small Ferrari show at a place called the barnyard. On the way we got stuck behind this F430. It’s pretty common to get stuck behind exotics in Monterey during car week since they make up a significant percentage of the cars on the road

When I say exotics are common in Monterey during car week I’m not kidding. There are four exotics in this photo and I only intended to get a picture of the 458…

We got to the Barnyard show and immediately gravitated towards this Miura.

This car looks great in any color

I loved the mirrors mounted to the fenders of the car

Funny how it was a Ferrari show and yet most of my photos from it are of the Lamborghini’s that were present

While not necessarily a crowd favorite, the Ferrari 612 will always be one of my favorite cars.

The interior of a 575 SuperAmerica.

Since the Barnyard show was fairly un-impressive we went back to Ocean Avenue in Carmel where we saw this familiar LP670-4

Shortly after that, we saw this LP550-2 Balboni

This 458 was also a familiar sight

Like I said before, I need to own one of these one day

This rare Pre-War Alfa Romeo was hiding out on a side street in Carmel

The Ford GT is another one of my favorites, and it looks great in Gulf Livery

While walking back to the car to head out to the car auctions downtown, we saw this new Porsche Panamera Turbo S in an awesome shade of blue.

As we got to the RM Auction the first car that really caught my eye was this pre-war Mercedes Benz

Inside they had some of their featured cars laid out for everyone to see, even those who weren’t paying to go into the auction/show area.

They also had tons of old rare motorcycles on display.

DuPont Registry brought out the Hennesy Venom GT, still not sure what I think about this car

On the way out to check out what was in the Parking Garage I stopped to take a picture of this old supercharged Mercedes

In the garage there was this lime green Miura. I don’t think I saw a conservatively colored Miura the whole weekend.

Also present in the garage was this 599 GTO, probably the best looking current model Ferrari

After walking a little more and seeing nothing of real interest, I looked over to my right and this beast was staring back at me. This being the first Aventador I’d ever seen, it literally stopped me in my tracks

This is a car you must see in person to make judgement on it. The aggressive lines communicate much better when viewed in the flesh

We headed back out to the auction area where this Monza was headed in to be sold

After that, we called it a day, it was definitely a long one. Day 3 post with Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance coverage coming soon

Fuente: http://otisblank.com/2011/08/25/monterey-2011-day-2/

Respuesta: Para lo degustadores de los buenos autos!!! Monterey 2011 PART 2/3

estos post hacen mal al corazon

Comment

el porsche 956 y la datsun 510 me la ponen al palo!!!

Comment

tan bueno como el primero

Comment

Por dios..

Comment

Working...
          X